jueves, 14 de mayo de 2015

ABANDONED LOVE, Peyton Fulford




"For my participatory art project (...) I asked my followers to send me phrases from their diary, text messages, and anything else they personally have written in their own words. (...) I sorted all of the messages into categories and realized that love was the main subject of the majority of the quotes. I decided to use only the phrases that focused on the relationship between love and melancholy because I wanted to diverge from the usual happy, celebratory phrases on banners by using sad, more realistic phrases. (...) With this project I wanted to materialize a private moment by sharing it publicly. (...) We, as human beings in the technological age, constantly lose touch of reality and begin to perceive people as perfect, when in reality we all feel deeply and go through similar emotions.